Desert Physiatry specializes in musculoskeletal medicine and rehabilitation. My goal is to provide an environment that fosters a collaborative relationship with patients and allows for development of individualized treatment plans. I provide nonsurgical management for a variety of acute and chronic musculoskeletal problems, including back pain, neck pain, joint pain/arthritis, musculoskeletal injury, tendon and ligament problems, headaches and more.
Appointments are scheduled to ensure adequate time to listen to patients and hear their concerns. Establishing a good diagnosis is essential. Comprehensive management includes explaining diagnoses, with education and counseling regarding treatment options. Treatment program is monitored and adjusted as needed, involving patients in the treatment process. My objective is to provide assistance with restoring mobility and function, while optimizing the body’s innate ability to maintain health and wellness.
What to expect at your first visit
- New patient initial appointments usually run at least 60 minutes
- If it is possible to forward relevant records to the office ahead of your appointment, they can be reviewed before the evaluation.
- Please bring relevant imaging on disc (unless imaging done at Radiology LTD, which is accessible)
- Interview will include review of your medical history, specifics on the nature of your concern, and visualization of available imaging
- Physical exam with comprehensive musculoskeletal/neurologic assessment
- Imaging may be ordered if indicated.
- Discussion of diagnostic considerations, treatment plans.
The clinic is not equipped to manage chronic opioid medications.